Your Ultimate Guide to Accessibility Standards
ADA in Details: Interpreting the 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design is now available in printed and electronic format. This new edition features:
- Now expanded with 50% more content and features in-depth comparisons to two additional codes and standards:
- The 2021 International Building Code (IBC)
- The 2022 California Building Code (CBC), as well as the 2017 ICC A117.1 Standard for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
- Color-coded for easy navigation
- Now includes real-world photographs to illustrate accessibility solutions
Whether you are designing newly constructed facilities or retrofitting existing ones, ADA in Details offers visual details and bullet point specifications that cover a range of topics, including path of travel, vertical circulation, toilet rooms, and alterations. The book also covers specialty uses such as assembly areas, kitchens, site elements, hospitality, retail, restaurants, and recreational facilities.
Clear, concise, and easy to follow, ADA in Details provides solutions for accessible routes, site features, architectural elements, restrooms, electric vehicle charging stations, and more, including public multi-family housing dwelling units.