Continuing Education Credits for DSA CASp Certification Renewal, AIA LU/HSW, and ICC Continuing Education Credits to be determined...
SEMINAR DATES & REGISTRATION
Live Webinar Seminar
Multifamily Housing Accessibility Regulations
SEMINAR | 8:00am-4:00pm
Stoyan Bumbalov will discuss the requirements for Covered Multi-Family Dwelling Units, Multi-Story Dwelling Units and Multi-Family Apartment Units built prior to March 13, 1991, as well as some of the current conflicts between the State & Federal requirements. We will also touch on the requirements of “non-covered” Multi-Family units.
- Review the upcoming 2019 CBC code changes and their impacts on privately funded Multi-Family housing projects.
- Review when Federal, State, and local regulations may impact the accessibility requirements of a new project and understand overall jurisdictional purview over multi-family housing projects.
- Review resources and references available to help CASp reach the correct code path in determining applicable housing regulations.
- Discuss scoping requirements for different dwelling types; review the applicable regulations and an overview of distinct approaches for new construction versus alterations of existing structures.
Speaker: Stoyan Bumbalov
Stoyan Bumbalov joined the California Housing and Community Development’s State Housing Law (SHL) Program in 2010 and was part of the team responsible for the development and adoption of the California building codes related to residential buildings and structures. He acted as a subject matter expert in projects associated with the California Building Standards Code development and other rulemaking activities and was the SHL Program manager for two years. Stoyan carries 16 years of experience in developing, interpreting, and enforcing building standards in California and in Europe. For the last nine years, he has spent a substantial amount of time with the development and modification of the California Residential Code, California Building Code (CBC), CALGreen, California Electrical Code, California Plumbing Code (CPC), California Mechanical Code, and many emergency regulations. Since 2010, Stoyan has spent a substantial amount of time with the modifications of Chapter 11A; he has been the “go to” person for all interpretations pertaining to issues with housing accessibility. Stoyan is a CASp certified specialist. He also possesses seven International Code Council (ICC) certificates, including Accessibility Plans Examiner.
Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm ** All registrations will be checked for membership.
Check-In/Breakfast | 7:30 am
Seminar-Part 1 | 8:00 am (4 hours)
Break/Lunch | 12:00 pm
Seminar-Part 2 | 1:00 pm (4 hours)
NORCAL & WEBINAR
NORCAL & WEBINAR
Seminar & Webinar
- Cancellations must be received by the following dates for a full refund:
- NORCAL SEMINAR & WEBINAR: Thursday, August 1
- SOCAL SEMINAR: Thursday, August 8
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations after 8/1 (NorCal/Webinar) or 8/8 (SoCal).
- 50% of the total event fee will be charged to individuals who no-show to the seminar.