Join Derek Shaw and Eric Driever of the Division of the State Architect for a presentation on
Circulation Paths - A CASI/DSA Webinar
The requirements for separating circulation paths from vehicular traffic can be confusing when applied to the myriad of potential designs on a project by project basis. This course aims to help clarify those requirements, to arm you with a stronger understanding to apply to all conditions.
- Better understand the requirements for circulation paths and accessible routes.
- Gain clarity on where physical separation is required between circulation paths and vehicular traffic.
- Identify where detectable warnings are required and where they are prohibited.
- Fortify understanding of basic requirements for raised circulation paths and exceptions which allow detectable warnings as an alternative.
- Identify requirements for detectable warnings.
1.5 hour presentation
Cost: FREE for members | $35 for non-members
Note: This session will be archived for members to view at any time after the live event
Eric Driever is Principal Architect for the Architectural Codes and Policies Team. As Principal Architect, Eric oversees the Access Compliance, Fire & Life Safety, Sustainability, and Certified Access Specialist (CASp) programs, as well as the DSA Academy training program for these disciplines.
Derek Shaw is Supervising Architect for the Access Compliance unit at DSA Headquarters. Derek has served in this capacity for three years; prior to being promoted to Supervising Architect Derek served as Senior Architect and Associate Architect in the Access Compliance unit for 15 years combined.