Earn 3 Hours of Continuing Education Credits for CASp Certification Renewal (to be self-reported),.
International Code Council (ICC) (to be self-reported), and AIA LU/HSW.
Title II Programs & Services after the Kirola case – ADA & CBC
SEMINAR | 11:00am-2:30pm
Guy Wallace will discuss what defines standing in Title II cases and what is required for the plaintiff to have standing. Learn what architectural accessibility standards apply in a given situation, the importance of understanding the categories inherent in the architectural guideline, the difference between facility accessibility and program accessibility, and how to measure ramp slopes after Kirola.
- Learn about regulatory and legal updates to Title II programs and services
- Understand which regulations and standards apply to site features and elements
- Understand court interpretations of federal accessibility regulations, standards, and guidelines
- Understand how to evaluate facilities with a mix of Title II & Title III obligations.
Speaker: Guy B. WallaceGuy Wallace is a graduate of the Harvard Law School and Harvard College. He began his career in public interest law and was the recipient of a Skadden Arps Fellowship. He has extensive experience in class action and impacts litigation on behalf of persons with disabilities and other protected classes. He is a frequent lecturer on disability law issues and he has authored various publications on the topic. He was named as a Super Lawyer by San Francisco Super Lawyers Magazine from 2009 to the present. Mr. Wallace practices exclusively in the areas of civil rights and consumer rights. He is a recognized specialist in class action litigation. His expertise includes disability rights, disability access, employment, and other consumer class action cases. He has been a wheelchair user since the age of 16 as the result of a spinal injury.
GENERAL MEMBER MEETING | 2:30pm—3:30pm | CE not available
S to hear an update on the progress of CASI initiatives for 2018-2019, along with traditional code discussions and state of the industry reviews.
SoCal 2019 Spring Seminar | Friday, May 10, 2019
|ONLINE REGISTRATION COST
Ends WEDNESDAY, MAY 7
Starts THURSDAY, MAY 8
Schedule: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm ** All registrations will be checked for membership.
Check-In | 10:00 am
Seminar-Part 1 | 11:00 am (1.5 hrs)
Break/Lunch | 12:30 pm (30 mins)
Seminar-Part 2 | 1:00 pm (1.5 hrs)
General Member Mtg. | 2:30 pm
- Cancellations must be received by Monday, April 29 for a full refund
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations after April 29
- 50% of the total event fee will be charged to individuals who no-show to the seminar.
Norwalk, CA 90650-6203