Mark J. Hulme, AIA, CASp, LEED AP BD+C
California Architect - License #C32413
Certified Access Specialist - #563
As an Assistant Vice President in Marx|Okubo’s Pasadena office, I help manage the region's activities, staffing and projects, performing architectural consulting, sustainability reviews, property condition assessments, owner’s representation-related services and accessibility reviews across California.
I conduct CASp and other detailed accessibility reviews of office, shopping center, hotel and multifamily properties, and completed certificate programs on accessibility and universal design at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design in 2014 and 2018.
Since 1995, I have been involved in diverse construction and architectural projects, including retail, office and interiors, as well as community college and K-12 educational facilities.
Prior to joining Marx|Okubo, I served as a project architect for a Los Angeles-based architectural firm, where I worked on construction document preparation, project management, specifications writing, governmental plan processing, and construction administration.
Education & Affiliations
- Bachelor’s degrees in architecture and communications from the University of Southern California
- Master’s degree in building sciences, with a focus in environmental controls systems, from the University of Southern California
- LEED Accredited Professional with the BD+C specialty
- Member of the American Institute of Architects
- Member of the Certified Access Specialist Institute