Mark J. Hulme, AIA, CASp, LEED AP BD+C
California Architect - License #C32413
Certified Access Specialist - #563
As an Assistant Vice President in Marx|Okubo’s Pasadena office, I help manage the region's activities, staffing and projects, performing architectural consulting, sustainability reviews, property condition assessments, owner’s representation-related services and disabled accessibility reviews across California.
I conduct CASp and other disabled accessibility reviews of office, shopping center, hotel and multifamily properties, and completed a certificate program on accessibility and universal design at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design in 2014.
Since 1995, I have been involved in diverse construction and architectural projects, including retail, office and interiors, as well as community college and K-12 educational facilities.
Prior to joining Marx|Okubo, I served as a project architect for a Los Angeles-based architectural firm, where I worked on construction document preparation, project management, specifications writing, governmental plan processing, and construction administration.
Education & Affiliations
- Bachelor’s degrees in architecture and communications from the University of Southern California
- Master’s degree in building sciences, with a focus in environmental controls systems, from the University of Southern California
- LEED Accredited Professional with the BD+C specialty
- Member of the American Institute of Architects
- Member of the Certified Access Specialist Institute