Jensen Hughes has an opportunity for an Accessibility Consultant in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Hybrid and flexible work options available however candidate needs to be in the greater LA/SoCal area. This newly created position is an excellent career opportunity for mid to senior level candidate to bring their accessibility expertise and consulting passion to a multi-disciplined engineering team and grow the accessibility line of services. Experienced Accessibility Consultants, Engineers, and Architects are encouraged to apply.
- Managing and engaging with clients on a variety of accessibility related projects.
- Coordinating and collaborating with our team of in-house accessibility team, multidisciplinary engineers and specialty consultants.
- Performing accessibility compliance inspections of the built environment on commercial and/or government projects.
- Plan review services during the design phases of a project, from schematic design through construction documents.
- Collaborating with building owners, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, and clients on a variety of projects.
- Assisting to develop new business and client accounts through business development engagement and activities.
- Supporting and collaborating with the accessibility consultant group with projects locally and in other regions.
- Developing and providing training seminars or educational presentations to in-house staff or clients on accessibility related topics.
- Working within a variety of market sectors including areas such as government, higher education, senior living, housing, public housing, tech, transient lodging, public rights-of-way, outdoor developed areas and others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 3-10 years of experience in accessibility consulting.
- Current knowledge with applicable regulations pertaining to the Americans with Disabilities (ADA), the California Building Code, California Code of Regulations, Title 24, Fair Housing Act, the International Building Code (IBC) Chapter 11, ICC A117.1, the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA), and other state specific building codes or standards.
- Excellent communication skills
- Some travel required (~15%)
- Ability to perform visual site reviews at construction sites, including climbing steps, bending, walking and standing for prolonged periods.
- Preferred certifications include: ICC-certified Accessibility Inspector and Plans Examiner or CASp certification, or other state recognized accessibility certifications.
- Ability to self-manage projects while also collaborating with various teams on a variety of projects and tasks.
Please apply directly at https://careers-jensenhughes.icims.com/jobs/1741/accessibility-consultan...