As a Certified Access Specialist, I have the unique opportunity of helping business and property owners better serve people with disabilities while being granted immediate protection from the State of California against unwarranted litigation.
I’m pleased to be involved with several California Chambers of Commerce as a resource in providing ADA workshops that focus on dispelling ADA myths and do’s and don’ts for business owners. Working in the commercial construction industry as a licensed contractor and code official specializing in construction-related accessibility for over 25 years, I've reviewed the plans of hundreds of multi-million dollar commercial facilities for code compliance, permitting and inspections.
If you own or operate a business (one or many), manage commercial properties, represent owners of commercial properties, as a realtor, agent, design professional, contractor or attorney... Please call me first! I've successfully helped countless clients in avoiding ADA complaints and unwarranted lawsuits and can help you too! Do you know someone in need of an expert on disabled access? Drop my name and help them out! Be sure to call me before you employ an "ADA expert."
Experience includes all aspects of construction for new and altered buildings of all sizes. Having reviewed hundreds of building plans and performed countless inspections on many facilities, I understand construction practices, building code regulations and fundamental code interpretations, and regularly provide consultation to architects, engineers and other accessibility professionals.
Plan and inspection background includes:
multi-level parking structures,
and many more.
Certifications and Licenses:
• Certified Access Specialist (CASp – 302) – Certified by California Division of State Architect
• Certified Accessibility Inspector / Plans Examiner – Certified by International Code Council
• Certified Building Official (CBO) – Certified by International Code Council
• Certified Building Inspector – Certified by International Code Council
• Certified Plans Examiner – Certified by International Code Council
• California General Contractor (B-700618) – Licensed by CSLB
• Safety Assessment Inspector / Evaluator – California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal EMA)
As the CASp for the City of Seaside, I do not provide CASp inspections or consulting services for properties located within the city limits of Seaside.