3 HOUR SUMMER SEMINAR
Accessible Housing Regulations, Standards, and Guidelines
JUNE 8, 2018
NorCal in Rancho Cordova, CA
3 Hours of Continuing Education Credits for DSA CASp Certification Renewal (to be self-reported).
AIA LU/HSW and ICC Continuing Education Credits to be determined...
SEMINAR | 9:00am—12:00pm | 3 Hours of CE Credits for DSA CASp Certification Renewal
Susan Moe will be discussing advanced scoping topics for housing under Chapter 11B including DSA's code change proposals related to public housing. This seminar will provide an overview of federal and state regulations, including guidelines and standards for accessible housing. Learn how to analyze and apply the scoping regulations for accessible public housing projects, compare the various regulations for accessible housing facilities and assess the impact on design and construction.
- Overview of Federal and State regulations, guidelines, and standards for accessible housing.
- Understand how to analyze and apply the scoping regulations for accessible public housing projects.
- Compare the various regulations for accessible housing facilities and assess the impact on design and construction.
- Review of DSA’s code change proposals related to Public Housing.
Speaker: Susan Moe, Senior Architect, CASp, ICC Certified, PA » Access Code & Policy
Susan is a Senior Architect with the Division of the State Architect’s Headquarters Office in Sacramento and a Certified Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner for the International Code Council. She is responsible for regulation, policy, and interpretation development for DSA’s Access Code and Policy Section. Susan is a Certified Access Specialist participating in exam development. She has seventeen years of experience with an architectural firm in Sacramento specializing in commercial, educational and medical office building projects and over twelve years of experience with the California Department of General Services.
GENERAL MEMBER MEETING | 1:00pm—2:30pm | CE not available
Enjoy lunch and stay to hear an update on the progress of CASI initiatives for 2017-2018, along with traditional code discussions and state of the industry reviews.
NorCal Summer Seminar | Friday, June 8, 2018
*50 MAX CAPACITY in person—limited space
Rancho Cordova - City Hall
American River Room - South
2729 Prospect Park Dr.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Click here for directions
*All registrations will be checked for membership.
**Walk-Ins will not be available if space runs out.
Schedule: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Check-In/Breakfast | 8:00am - 9:00am
Seminar | 9:00am - 12:00pm (3 hrs) - CE Available
Break/Lunch | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
General Member Mtg | 1:00pm - 2:30pm (1.5 hrs) - CE Not Available
- Cancellations must be received by Monday, June 4 a full refund.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations after Monday, June 4.
- 50% of the total event fee will be charged to individuals who no-show to the seminar.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670